Universal Health Coverage (UHC) 2030: Featuring a Campaign for Universal Health Coverage Day
December 12, 2019 marked the 8th anniversary of the United Nations’ momentous endorsement of universal health care. Since 2012, December 12 is annually recognized by the United Nation as the International Universal Health Coverage Day to rally stakeholders in calling for more equitable health systems to attain universal health coverage.
On September 23, 2019, the United Nations General Assembly held a high-level meeting on Universal Health Coverage: Moving Together to Build a Healthier World. This meeting resulted in a political declaration on universal health coverage, which was grounded in gender equality principles. To learn more about the international response to this political declaration commitment to Gender Equality, visit the Alliance for Gender Equality and UHC campaign.
- Begin plans to celebrate Universal Health Coverage Day on December 12, 2020
- Share your UHC day 2019 plans and search for actions globally here.
- Support actions for Policymakers, civil society and individuals here and here
- Read the Report: “Primary Health Care on the Road to Universal Health Coverage 2019 Monitoring Report” here
- Promote Universal Health Coverage with the UHC 2030 Advocacy Guide and Social Media Toolkit here
- Read Health4All: Full-Scope Medi-Cal for Undocumented Adults Fact Sheet here
Follow on Twitter: @UHC_Day